If you are feeling that you are suffering from sleep problems, then you need to turn into a detective and find out what is giving you trouble while sleeping. Awaking in the middle of the night occasionally is not something to do with sleep disorders. Awakening regularly in the night and not getting sleep after you have awakened are signs that you might be suffering from sleeplessness. Some of the most common factors that lead to sleep issues are emotional stress, depression, and anxiety. You need to stay clear of this or bury these problems and you will find that you are able to sleep well.
Finding out why you cannot sleep
There are many problems that can lead to sleep disorders in people. Sometimes, the sleeplessness might last for a few days and go away all of a sudden. This is not a worrying factor. If you are going to through regular stress, trauma, worry, grief, and depression, then you are bound to lose sleep at nights and you are a victim of sleep disorder. There are a few medical issues that can lead to sleeplessness and they are: cancer, kidney diseases, Parkinson’s disease, acid reflux, chronic pain, and hyperthyroidism. If you are not getting sleep and have any of these illnesses, then it is better to seek insomnia treatment in Brisbane as well.
There are also many medications that can cause interference to your sleep pattern. Some of them include high blood pressure pills, antidepressants, certain contraceptives, corticosteroids, ADHD, and thyroid hormone medications.
Adding new sleeping habits
The following are a few things you can try to get back to regular sound sleeping at night.
• It would be ideal to set up a biological clock so that you go to bed and get up at the same time every day. This includes weekends as well.
• Never take heavy meals filled with rich foods when you are going to sleep at night. Sleep only two hours after you have taken your supper.
• Carrying out regular exercise for about 30 minutes will help in reducing the sleep disorder symptoms. It will take more time for exercises reduce the symptoms.
• You should avoid or limit the intake of caffeine, alcohol as well as nicotine. Do not drink caffeinated beverages at least 8 hours before going to sleep.
• Do not take short naps in the afternoon or during daytime.
If still, you are not able to get good sleep, then you need to visit a doctor. He will carry out a psg test for you to determine your sleeplessness problems and give proper medication and advice to correct it.